Last week I was awarded the Leibster Award from the great mother and daughter blogging duo at Pretty in Gingham! What an honor! The Liebster Award is a blogging award specifically for new bloggers. Liebster means beloved in German.
The Liebster Award is a great warm fuzzy for new bloggers! New bloggers that receive the award then pass it on to 11 more new bloggers. It’s like a chain-mail award. Pass those warm fuzzies around!!!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Answer questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees and leave a comment on each blog letting bloggers know they’ve won.
My questions from Pretty in Gingham.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
My online homemade business is called Purple House Designs and I started Purple House Blog as a companion blog. I loved coming up with DIY crafts and fun recipes that had nothing to do with my business and Purple House Blog took off!
2. What are your goals for your blog?
I have many goals for my blog. Topping my list is gaining more followers and continuing to provide excellent content.
3. Where is your favorite place to travel?
I love going to Edinburgh, Scotland. My husband and I go there at least once a year. If you have never been there, you should go!
4. Name one thing that makes you happy.
My silly cat Tiggy.
5. Where are you located?
I live in Phoenix, Arizona.
6. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?
I like to craft, sew, or blog while listening to music or watching tv.
7. What is your all-time favorite dessert?
Fresh strawberry pie with real whipped cream. Yum!
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes! My cat Tiggy.
9. What are some of the biggest challenges you have encountered while blogging?
I am still dealing with formatting issues. I have a vision for what I’d like my blog to look like, but I struggle to achieve it.
11. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of blogging?
Besides crafting, I like jigsaw puzzles, hiking, and reading.
My nominations! Check out these great blogs!
The Sublime Times
Little Runner Girl
The Flexitarian Way
Jacqui O Retro
Craft & Culture
Eye of the Beholder
Lovely Dear Blog
Sew Straight and Gather
Please Pass the Recipe
The Cheergerm & the Silly Yak
My questions for my nominations to answer.
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. How much time do you spend blogging?
3. Do you have any siblings?
4. Describe yourself in three words.
5. Describe your family in three words.
6. Where is your hometown and what was it like growing up there?
7. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
8. Do you have any tattoos?
9. What’s your favorite holiday?
10. What’s your favorite color?
11. Do you like zoos or museums better?